NY Democrat Says “White Male Terrorism” is the Biggest Threat to America

New York City Democrat Jamaal Bowman, who is aligned with the same Justice Democrats group that gave us such congressional luminaries as Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, said this week that there is no greater issue in the United States today than the threat of “white male domestic terrorism.”

Bowman, who is running to primary incumbent Eliot Engel (D-NY) in the 16th district, made the remarks while simultaneously discounting the problems posed by runaway illegal immigration at the southern border.

“There’s no evidence that the crime in this country, particularly the heinous crime, is committed by our immigrant neighbors,” Bowman said on The Hardy Report podcast. “So again, it’s a false narrative. The biggest issue in our country is white male domestic terrorism. That’s the biggest issue and that’s what we need to deal with straight away.”

There is no evidence, of course, that “white male domestic terrorism” is a major threat to our nation’s security. Not to say that it doesn’t exist, but to say that it is the “biggest issue in our country” is absurd to the point of laughability. Bowman would not want to discuss crime statistics as broken down by race, we’re quite certain.

As for his claim that there’s “no evidence” that crimes are being committed by illegal aliens, that’s also ridiculous. Not only is crossing the border without authorization a crime in and of itself, but there are reliable statistics that blow apart any narrative that portrays illegal immigrants as benign and harmless. Like Trump famously said: “Some, I assume, are good people.” No doubt that’s true. But the Department of Homeland Security tells the rest of the story: Nearly 40,000 illegal aliens are in federal custody. Their crimes range from drug trafficking offenses to weapons charges to the distribution of child porn. And that’s only on the federal level. When you dig down to state crimes, we’re quite sure you’ll find all the “heinous crime” you would ever want to see.

“99.9 percent of our immigrant neighbors that come here, come here in peace and come here looking for asylum,” Bowman went on to claim. He also blamed U.S. policies for “causing havoc and destruction” in Central America, thus making open borders a moral imperative.

This, too, is a bunch of wildly deceptive nonsense.

“According to the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), only 20 percent of immigrants seeking asylum were found to be legitimate asylum seekers in 2017, up from 17 percent in 2016,” reports the Washington Free Beacon. “The remaining 80 to 83 percent are not all explicitly denied asylum—in the past, many of those claiming asylum skipped their follow-up hearings after being released from custody inside the United States. The Trump administration has attempted to crack down on the practice by forcing those apprehended at the border to remain in Mexico as their asylum applications are processed.”

Bowman is part of a new generation of ultra-liberal Democrats who are untethered to facts and saddled with a racist, reprehensible view of the United States. Their ascension will either spell the end for the Democratic Party…or the demise of the nation. Let’s hope it’s the former.

Comments are closed.