Pence Throws Trump Under The Bus
(FixThisNation.com) – On Saturday, former Vice President Mike Pence during the annual white-tie Gridiron Dinner said that “history will hold Donald Trump accountable” for the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack.
During the event Pence said that Trump had been wrong to assert that Pence had the right to overturn the election. He further added that the then-President’s “reckless words” had “endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day.”
These are some of the harshest criticisms that Pence has made so far against the former President. Following the 2020 presidential election, Trump has pushed Pence to block the certification of the presidential election results. However, while Pence has said that Trump will be held accountable by history, he has still refused to testify in the federal probe into Trump’s role in the Capitol insurrection and his attempts to overturn the election results.
Department of Justice’s special counsel Jack Smith subpoenaed Pence to testify in the case, but Pence has requested a judge to block the call for his testimony. Previously during an event in Iowa, he had claimed that he would fight against the subpoena because he believes that the subpoena and the request for him to testify before a grand jury is “unconstitutional, and it’s unprecedented.”
Pence has repeatedly tried to keep his distance from the Capitol attack, however, following Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) decision to give Fox News host Tucker Carlson exclusive access to security footage from that day, the Capitol riot has been in the news over the past few weeks.
Copyright 2023, FixThisNation.com
Comments are closed.